The Nookie is a psychologist owned and operated, female-focused sensuality shop with a mission to foster human connection. We’re hiring a Part Time Sales Associate to oversee daily operations in our innovative, socially progressive environment.
The Nookie’s Sales Associates are vital to delivering customer service that offers a distinctive shopping experience and supports client education and community development.
Sales Associate Essential Functions:
- Meeting and making a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shoppers' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Describing features and benefits of merchandise to customers
- Ensuring that fitting rooms are ready for customers by promptly clearing out merchandise and returning it to the proper area of the selling floor
- Maintaining selling floor presentations, and restocking them as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting The Nookie’s commitment to our customer
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to Point of Sale procedures
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer
- Supervise workshops and events
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Education/Experience: Previous retail sales experience required, ideally in the lingerie and/or pleasure product industry. Post-secondary students (or graduates) in psychology, sociology, education, or women’s studies are strongly preferred.
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Ability to communicate on the telephone and via email with proper etiquette.
- Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Other Skills: Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to help people.
- Work Hours: Available to work a variety of hours, which may include evenings and weekends. Current need is primarily for weekend shifts.
In addition to competitive payment, The Nookie offers generous merchandise discounts, opportunities for growth, paid time to volunteer at approved organizations, and profit sharing on successfully implemented staff initiatives (e.g., workshops and events).
Stop by The Nookie at 827 College Street with a resume and cover letter during business hours by September 01, 2017. In your cover letter, please include your personal definitions of feminism and sex positivity as well as your payment expectations. We thank all individuals for their interest, however, only applicants invited for interviews will be contacted.