We were founded in 2017 by a social psychologist and former healthcare executive who believes that sexual pleasure is an essential - and often misunderstood - aspect of wellness. We’re seeking an Assistant Manager to oversee operations in our innovative, socially progressive environment. Our ideal candidate demonstrates sales and customer service leadership and supports our founder in the management of all store operations.
This position offers growth opportunities in a rapidly evolving business, competitive compensation and benefit packages, performance-based raises, generous merchandise discounts, free product samples, paid time to volunteer at approved organizations, and profit sharing on successfully implemented staff initiatives (e.g., workshops and events).
Join us as we work to change the stigma around sexuality. By serving our community in an educational and elegant environment, you’ll do more than just sell products – you’ll help people change their lives. You can learn more about us in CBC Life, Women’s Health, Now Magazine, Toronto Life, She Does the City, and Today’s Parent.
Assistant Manager Essential Management Functions:
- Setting sales goals, recruiting, interviewing, training, scheduling, and developing employees.
- Performing store opening and closing procedures.
- Monitoring inventory levels and ordering as needed.
Assistant Manager Essential Sales Functions:
- Meeting and making a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shoppers' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs.
- Visual merchandising and restocking the sales floor.
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards.
- Supervising workshops and events.
- Adhering to loss prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Intaking merchandise and adding products to our online store.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Education/Experience: Previous retail management experience is required. Sex toy product knowledge is necessary - whether through previous employment or personal interest.
- Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Ability to communicate on the telephone and via email with proper etiquette.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge and competence using sales and inventory management software, e-mail, and social media.
- Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Other Skills: Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to help people. You must possess a proven track record of multitasking and attention to detail with minimal supervision.
- Work Hours: Available to work a minimum of 35 hours per week, including evenings and weekends.
- Passion & Reliability: Independently operated businesses rely on passion, responsibility, and a personal commitment to thrive. The Nookie is seeking someone reliable who's committed to investing in, and growing with the business.
Please apply in person at 827 College Street. In your cover letter, please include your personal definitions of feminism and sex positivity. We thank all individuals for their interest, however, only applicants invited for interviews will be contacted.